12 March 2015

Do You Pray to God?


I know this is not my regular day for blogging, I publish new articles every Monday so a Thursday edition must be something, if not special, then it’s unique…I want to ask first, Do YOU pray to God?

I do, at least twice a day, in the morning when I journal, I close the journal with a written prayer for the day. I again say a little prayer every night, before I sleep. The morning prayer ritual, for me, is about an intellectual encounter with the universal forces of nature, I cannot think of “God” in any kind of human like form whatsoever, for me, in my own spiritual experiences during the last ½ century, this “God” is an energy, it’s not male, nor female, it’s all around us all the time, throughout the universe…it is everything and even much more than we can imagine and, it’s you and me too! I think we are a form of god energy. 



In the mornings I contemplate, sometimes I might ask for guidance or clues and typically offer my appreciation when I’m done with my morning prayers. In the evening, before I sleep, it’s a very quick and silent prayer, more of a “thank goodness, I made it through another day, here’s to tomorrow” feeling than any actual words. It’s a psychic prayer, that’s what I call it, it’s like tapping into the whole mass of energy that is all things and saying “Whew! Hell yeah!” with a whisper.

I also meditate three or four times a day, my morning meditation being the most crucial for me and I might be in communication with higher forces, but truthfully, in meditation, my mind is blank and I don’t even feel like I’m inside my body. All the other meditations of the day, they are short and simply help me keep balance throughout the day. The last ritual that’s a component in this little spiritual ritual of mine is the morning strolls I take daily.

I like walking in silence, I like to listen to the trees speaking and the wind whistling. I enjoy the cool damp grass brushing my toes and the fresh warm sun dawning over the mountains in the east. This, to me, is God also. I do speak to the trees, I can sometimes almost understand what they say back to me too, but then again, I’ve a very active imagination.

Today, this is what I wrote in my journal, I cut and pasted it verbatim, but many of my morning prayers are something like this…and it’s a private thing, not everyone shares their personal relationship with God, so I’m taking a risk and, honestly, feel a bit vulnerable in the process.
That’s how I know it’s the right thing to do, however, it makes me slightly uncomfortable so I am pushing beyond the comfort zone and stepping another step into something unknown. This, in my book of life, is a very good thing. Stepping forward, going boldly and all that…like a fellow BiPolar person, Sir Winston Churchill, once said, “When you’re going through hell…Keep going!”

Thursday, 12 March 2015

Hello God…yesterday, while on-line and reading about various issues that were “breaking news” on FOX news feed, I poked at a few people who were either condemning people for expressing their views or spewing hateful damnation towards others, me included, when we didn’t agree with their version of you…The god, the cosmos, the universal forces, mother nature…I got rather upset with one person in particular, I think his name was John, but I’m not sure…he was really going off and, although I will freely admit to enjoying pricking at him, I also feel sort of bad because I was a bit mean and condescending towards his beliefs, I called his Bible “a magical book” and then tried to poke at his belief in you, God, by having him somehow prove your existence, as if anyone could, but I used my belief in the power of mother nature an told this man that is who I pray to, that nature is what I worship because I know it’s real, I can see it…I can feel it…without it all life would cease…I tried to cite the natural realm as my god. It backfired when he started laughing at me and asked me if the trees talked to me, did I speak to the wind and mocked me by saying all nature was create by you, which I know is true as well, but in the end, I felt bad for doing this to this poor soul. I know some people need to use the religious realms to understand the unknown and even in those passages of many “magical books” it always echoes the tone of forgive those, they do not know and only the infinite can truly pass judgment, if any judgment is to be made…and I do certainly honor your existence, you know I do…but I forgot to be tolerant ad I was entirely wrong for picking a debate with this guy, it made both of us look like fools and in truth, I would bet that he and I are more alike than different in the sum of all things. So please, help remind me to be kinder and stay away from confronting people like that…I will work hard to avoid any dialogue that might lead to such poppycock. The same is true of patriotic issues, so many people just don’t see what’s happening lord, and today I’ll specifically ask for a special prayer for them; may more and more people awaken and become aware to what is going on around us, we are stuck in a mass psychosis, a perpetual collective fugue state of mind that is clearly disconnected to the actual realities around us…dear God, help people open their eyes so we can band together, united in an effort to emancipate this country from the evil and corrupt body of corporate controlled government that now controls our lives with terror and fear. Likewise, I am very Grateful for the good health, the ability to enjoy Life and a jolly sense of humor for all my loved ones, my family, my friends, my associates, my neighbors, my communities, my planet and myself…this day, like all my days, is again devoted to setting the example of Peace Love Bliss to All…Amen!



As always, I'm very Grateful for your comments and time in reading my blog...feel free to re-share it, It's getting busy here, the mid-day rush of responsibilities is about to crash on my desk...so until another time, please take very good care, be kind and stay safe!




Peace,
d'Philip
12 March 2015
The San Joaquin Valley
Republic of California
Earth